A Global Engineering business that service the Rail sector, is looking to expand their team with a Protection & Control Engineer. Well regarded within its markets, this business offers social working hours, on-site parking and an all-around friendly working environment for the right engineering professional.
For suitability, we would love you to have the below:
- Good knowledge on the Protection principles;
- Experience on producing Protection setting calculations;
- Understanding of HV Schematic design;
- Creation of Protection philosophy documents and design;
- Producing Communication Network architecture;
- Produce Protection &Control option selection reports;
- Experience with IEC61850 protocol - configuration/ de-bugging/ implementation/ testing;
- Hands on experience with different manufacturer (Siemens, Alstom, ABB etc.) products and systems;
- Experience in producing Testing & Commissioning strategies and fault analysis experience;
- Testing and commissioning experience, willingness to travel to site;
- Project engineering capabilities, handling Client meetings and provide suggestions and inputs to projects;
- Good communicational, highly motivated and good inter-personal skills;
- Understanding of 25kV AC traction system.
Activities and Deliverables required:
- Design statements (Form-B)
- Protection and Control Philosophy (Form-A)
- Protection Setting calculations for AC Traction system
- SCADA IO List (all Controls, Alarms, Indication, Analogues with IEC61850 identity);
- GOOSE Communication matrix;
- Network communication architecture;
- IP/VLAN strategy document;
- PSL, SET, DEX files for Protection relays;
- MCL, CID and SCD file for Control;
- Site T&C support (willingness to travel to site if required);
- Client meetings
In return benefits include -
Friendly working environment.
Social able working hours.
Easily accessible commute routes and on-site parking.
Pension and annual leave package.
Working for a Global and ever-growing Engineering business.
If you are interested and would like to know more please apply through this advert immediately! Location is based in Yorkshire, however there are also positions being considered in London too!
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.