Product Manager / Product Owner required by our client a software solution provider with a unique offering is looking to expand the product team with the need for a Product Manager specifically from a discovery perspective.
The successful candidate will be responsible for discovering, assessing and delivering commercially successful products, this will involve going to market and to the customers to discover their needs, you will be involved in various market research projects working closely with Marketing and market analysis, and then producing/providing specifications of the product for the technical development teams.
The role focuses on the commercial/marketing product management duties such as researching and understanding market conditions/trends, capturing customer issues to understand both their met and unmet needs as well as stakeholder requirements, defining product scope, explaining rationale, building business cases, go to market planning, monitoring performance and performing retrospectives as well as supporting our customers both internally and externally.
Working closely with the wider product and marketing team, you will be responsible for the discovery and opportunity validation prior to development and delivery of one or more digital products and services by:
* Identifying potential market opportunities in existing and adjacent functions/channels to market.
* Carry out empirical user research using both qualitative and quantitative techniques, as well as product analytics to drive data driven business cases for usable, useful and feasible product solutions.
* Monitor market trends, and legislative changes sharing these insights with a wider company audience.
* Produce relevant product discovery artefacts to share with wider team and keep customer front of mind in all developments and interactions.
* Creating prioritised Product specification in the form of Epics, Themes, Features and User Stories with clear acceptance criteria for MVP and V1.
* Formulating and communicating product features, functionality and positioning as well as expected and de facto business value to the company
* Development and presentation of Value proposition and Business Model for individual products to attain company buy in.
* Driving development forward and prioritisation of ongoing work
* Work according to the Product specific process for R&D, Development and Go to Market planning
* Fully define and lead cross functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of Go to Market plans
* Engaging with customers, users, the sales and implementation teams on an ongoing basis, collate their feedback and iterate the for your products accordingly
* Collaborating effectively with all relevant departments and stakeholders as well as with key external partners
* Liaise with relevant external partners on product releases where required
* Evaluate and monitor competitor activities and conceive strategies to counter them
* Effectively, passionately and from a position of knowledge, support Sales and Implementation teams in their efforts to secure revenues
* Contribute to the efforts of collected product management team by sharing best practices, key learning, constructively provide feedback, complete tasks and actions accurately and on time.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.