A leading manufacturing company based in Worcestershire is recruiting for a Mechanical Build Technician. Excellent opportunity, working 2 shifts rotating AM/PM, paying over £13.53 - £15.24 p/h depending on experience with plenty of overtime available too.
The client is a world class manufacturing company who produce machinery for supply all over the globe. The site is an ultra modern setup with top class facilities and technologies throughout each department.
- Mechanical Assembly, build and adjustment of CNC Machinery
- Mechanical fitting of all internal mechanical parts on the machines
- Stripping down and rebuilding machines for rework purposes
- Use of hand tools, power tools, torque wrenches, and other air tools
- Understand and read mechanical engineering drawings
- Fault finding, testing and rectification of machinery as required
- Use of DTI's, Micrometers, verniers and caliper gauges to ensure assemblies are build to tight tolerances
- Working to 5s Principles and methodologies
- Trouble shoot and rectify any production issues that may arise within the department
- Support and work together with colleagues within the section as required
The suitable candidate will have the following demonstrable skills -
* Previous experience as a mechanical engineer, building or assembling of machinery or similar products
* Ability to work to tight tolerances and use hand tools and measuring equipment.
* Qualifications within mechanical engineering, or mechanical apprenticeship
* Excellent communication and team building skills
* Experience with fault finding, tracing back for errors and rectification
Working hours are rotating shifts of AM / PM Monday to Friday, 37.5hrs standard working week.
This role would suit someone from a machine tool build background, or possibly a mechanical maintenance engineer who has experience with stripping down, repairing and rebuilding machinery.
Package on offer
Rate of pay between £13.53 - £15.24 p/h depending on skills and experience
Overtime payable after 37.5hrs, at Time & 1/3 Weekday, Time & 1/2 Sat, Double Time Sun
28 days holiday
Outstanding site facilities including free parking and canteen on site for lunch breaks
Full job shadowing, training and mentoring is provided to the candidate when initially starting, to get to grips with the process and product line worked on.
Immediate interviews and starts are available for suitable candidates too.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.