Job Role: Software Engineer
Salary: up to £45,000
A successful business located in Birmingham, who specialise in the automotive sector is looking for a Software Engineer to complement a team developing their product range aswell as assisting clients with more bespoke design options. This will be across Manufacturing systems to embedded electrical applications.
* The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from estimation and requirements support, through to specification, design and validation to documentation, signoff, training and support.
* Development, configuration and the creation of deployable packages under Windows environments and ARM/PIC embedded platforms.
* Software design and development with the following languages VB.Net / C# / VB, PHP, C / C and T-SQL.
* Using and understanding the following communications technologies: TCP/IP, HTTP, JSON, OPC, RS-232, USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, MS-SQL.
* Researching, Interfacing and developing API's for components and peripherals using the above technologies.
Qualification and education
* Electronic / Software / Control Systems based Degree / HND
* 2 years in an engineering development role where robustness and up-time were paramount due to the demands of a production environment.
* C/C Experience in PIC or ARM environments and the development of embedded control systems.
* VB.Net / C# / VB, development creating Database or comms based service & client software and front ends.
* Networking / low level TCP Comms using Sockets or SOAP / JSON / XML or HTTP.
* MS SQL Server Schema Design
* Broad knowledge of PHP / IIS web server development and configuration
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.