One of the world's largest suppliers to the aerospace industry requires an experienced EU Sales Manager to head up the team in Birmingham, you will have a strong aerospace & supply chain background.
EU Sales Manager
The company currently supplies titanium alloys in billet, bar, plate and sheet forms to the UK and European market, supplying Original Equipment Manufacturers, such as Boeing, Airbus, Rolls Royce, Pratt and Whitney, and the supply chain including Firth Rixson, Wyman Gordon, Doncasters, Mettis, Aubert Duval, Forge Ital, Manoir, Otto Fuchs, Bohler and others.
These products are supplied from the companyies mill facilities in USA and Europe, and from stock in our service centres in France and UK.
The key tasks of this role are:
* Focused sales activity on UK and European service centre inventory sales into key accounts in the UK.
* Identification of future inventory holding to ensure UL market is serviced correctly and in a timely manner and ensure inventory levels support regional Sales targets.
* Working closely with the Mill sales teams to manage key account relationships with senior managers and procurement teams, to protect and grow company share on titanium sales at major UK accounts.
* Provide regular updates on the competitive position at these customers, specifically identifying company market share, and what opportunities exist and what requirements are needed to grow company business at these accounts
* Create and win incremental sales opportunities at these and other forges, OEM's and distribution customers. Ensure these accounts are visited as required, and regular senior level reviews (ideally quarterly) are completed.
* Investigate and identify what opportunities exist for Titanium product sales in broader UK Distribution network.
* Identify and develop new target customers in for mill sales of Titanium products in UK Aerospace, Defense, Marine and other markets.
* Participate in UK trade associations (BFA, Aerospace alliances -South East, Midland, North-West)
* Maintain liaison with production, CST and product management teams to optimise commercial returns and customer service levels.
* Provide local assistance in account management, including support to production and logistics and credit control as well as managing the internal sales team based in Birmingham.
You will be capable of operating at senior management level and representing the business in Europe, US & UK, both within existing accounts, but also developing new business relationships. Your focus will be finding new opportunities to continue to distance the business from the commodity market and add value.
Based in Birmingham, with extensive travel in the UL and some International travel will be required.
* Proven experience within the Aerospace sector, within metals, forging or machining processes
* Proven sales experience in generation of new business in engineering/aerospace sector
* Engineering or metallurgy background (B.Sc level)
* Able to understand complex supply chains, and present product capabilities, and identify opportunities to supply company product range
* Degree qualified or with 5-10 years of experience in a Customer facing role
* Able to understand and draft complex contracts including Scientific, Commercial and financial documents
* Able to write and present papers and articles representing company and our capabilities
* Able to travel in UK and internationally
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.