Area Sales Manager (Business Development)
My client requires an Area Sales Manager to join their company of 22 people supporting its UK and international customer base. This role provides the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a business aimed at helping manufacturing companies to improve their productivity and efficiency to secure their return on investment.
To identify new business sales, respond to sales enquiries and nurture existing customer accounts through add-on sales to achieve and exceed your sales target. Ensure your customers receive outstanding service from initial enquiry to solution sale, installation sign-off and account management. This will involve handling the complete sales process, sales engagement with senior executive and shop floor personnel, preparation of quotations, commercial negotiation, through to receipt of order and collaborative handover to the installation team.
Develop and maintain a healthy sales pipeline from which accurate monthly sales forecasts can be generated - My client operates a Sage CRM system. You will be required to support and develop your own sales area and generate new international reseller partners working both autonomously and closely with the Sales Team, Sales Director and Marketing Manager; field-based Engineering, Office Support teams and Managing Director.
Experience & Skills:
6 years' experience in engineering practises, technical definition/authoring of manufacturing, planning and production processes, use of / familiarity with CAD, CAM, CAE, PLM, APS, MES, CNC, DNC, CMM software products and associated services, including the supporting IT infrastructure.
The successful sales candidate shall naturally attain the skills necessary to be confident and proficient in the sales presentation, demonstration and articulation of the manufacturing software products and services. Their sales and business analysis skills, listening and empathy strengths will ensure clear and robust preparation of written commercial sales proposals that meet the customers' manufacturing systems requirement and objectives, instil client confidence and secure sales.
Their awareness and intuition of how Digitisation in the creation and workflow of master data through to manufacturing execution will benefit and advance our engagement with our target markets and drive Smart Factory oriented sales.
We are looking for highly motivated individual with the following attributes:
* Proven track record of successful business to business sales
* 6 years knowledge and experience in mechanical or production engineering and manufacturing processes with associated software tools
* IT fluency - proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
* Self-motivated, client focused, results-orientated with a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to build relationships and communicate with a wide range of people at all levels within an organisation
* Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
* Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
* Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
* Excellent written and numeracy, time management and organisation skills
* Excellent customer service and telephone manner
* Driven to attain objectives and exceed targets
Main Tasks and Responsibilities include:
* Proactive in pursuit of new business, secure qualified sales meetings
* To rapidly develop a robust and well-qualified sales pipeline
* Account management - developing and progressing sales opportunities with your customer base
* Visiting factory locations to forge positive relations, capture requirements, deliver presentations, demonstrations, handle objection as opportunity, agree objectives and audit machine assets to satisfy the prospective solution
* Timely and professionally execute all follow up actions to progress the sale opportunity
* Prepare detailed formal correspondence, emails, requirements description with technically deliverable solution quotations
* Negotiate on specification and price with buyers and managers and close sales
* Consistently achieve your sales target
* Maintain sales activity, client details and forecast records in the CRM system
* Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
* Travelling to/from client locations in all parts of the UK and overseas
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.