A Quality Engineer job opportunity has just become available, within a well-established Manufacturing business, located in the Birmingham area. This company is growing at a fast pace and they're offering a competitive starting salary (negotiable), for the right engineering professional. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed, within this business!
Quality Engineer responsibilities include -
* Maintain and develop QMS's, including documentation and the required procedures.
* Make sure that the business stays aligned to the relevant standards, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001.
* Work closely with the wider business, to drive and develop quality awareness and a culture of continuous improvement.
* Analysis the business performance, against requirements of the quality accreditation's and key performance indicators.
* Help manage internal/external audits, write the reports, and follow up with any non-conformity's and corrective actions.
* Help manage quality issues or enquiries, with regards to customers/suppliers/contractors.
* Maintenance of customer quality status, with a right 1st time/zero defect approach.
* Manage the fully cycle of internal concerns, working with the correct quality methodology to provide long-term corrective actions.
* Review internal scrap/waste and implement a process which reduces this on weekly basis.
* Prepare weekly reports, on an internal quality status.
* Manage required inspection/rework, with the correct control documents and evidence.
* Assist with new projects and alterations, throughout the business, utilising APQP values.
* Supervise goods inward inspection and challenge back non-conformities.
* Managing, training and developing the team in reference for tender values.
* Oversee the cost of quality at all times and use authorisation processes for expenditures.
* Identify and help deliver measurable improvements.
* Liaising with customers, within the UK and aboard.
Quality Engineer desirable skills/experience/attributes -
* Experience in similar position, within the Automotive environment.
* Injection moulding knowledge desirable, but not essential.
* Knowledge of QMS's such as ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / ISO TS 16949 / AS9100.
* Experience assisting with internal and/or external auditing.
* Good interpersonal/communication skills, internally and externally.
* Knowledge of process improvement techniques and tools.
* Experience reducing quality rejections and returns.
* Self-motivated and proactive work ethic.
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering education.
Quality Engineer position benefits -
* Competitive salary (negotiable).
* Holiday & Pension package.
* Friendly working environment.
* Opportunity working for a business, that supplies to various sectors.
* The chance to work for a well-regarded and ever growing business.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.