2 x Quality Engineer Job opportunities have just become available, within a leading Automotive Manufacturing business. Located in the Birmingham area, this company is offering a very competitive starting salary of £44,000 (contract rate negotiable), for the right engineering professional.
Purpose of the Quality Engineer role -
* The successful candidate will be there to ensure that all relevant program activities, regarding preventative quality planning are actioned. This Quality Engineer will be there to support internal, external and customer audits, to meet VDA/TS16949 and ISO140001 requirements and utilise internal Quality Management Systems.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities include -
* Leading all the quality relevant, program related activities, ensuring that all products meet the defined standards.
* Support of NPI, ensuring APQP/PPAP compilation and submission to customer to meet project time requirements.
* Create and the support of quality documents, for example - inspection plans/Control plans/prototype evaluation plans/maturity analysis and capability studies (process and product).
* Support of quality assurance agreements with suppliers.
* Liaising with Customers & suppliers.
* Quality reviews with business multi-functional team.
* Problem solving, using the relevant quality tools - 6-sigma, 8D, Ishikawa, 5Y etc.
* Maintain the production quality documentation - Alerts, PFMEA, control plans etc.
* Support of Product auditing.
* Support of internal Process audits, to TS16949 and VDA 6.3 requirements.
* Support site audits, from external organisations to TS16949 and ISO 14001.
Quality Engineer Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
* Experience in similar Quality position, within a business that supplies to the Automotive sector.
* Strong working Knowledge of TS 16949 / 14001 (VDA6.3 would be advantageous).
* Experience in Quality Assurance.
* Use of Quality tools such as 8D, PFEMEA > Root cause >Kaizen/Six Sigma & 5Y.
* Good interpersonal/communication skills - able to communicate well with both internal teams and external suppliers/customers.
* Experience working with/for OEM companies such as JLR.
* Relevant manufacturing/technical engineering education.
* Six sigma green belt trained (would be advantageous)
* Proactive and process driven.
Quality Engineer Position benefits -
* Competitive starting salary package of £44,000 (negotiable).
* Contract rate negotiable.
* Friendly working environment.
* Pension & annual leave package.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.