A Project Manager position has just become available for a specialist business that install mechanical handling equipment into the Automotive sector. Located in Birmingham, this well regarded business will be paying a starting salary of £45,000 (negotiable) package, to the successful Engineering professional.
Purpose of the Project Manager role -
To work as part of a team, delivering solutions to clients on time and within budget. Bringing all of the elements together, from order placement to final equipment acceptance.
Project Manager responsibilities include -
* Compiling contract documentation, checking customer data and required specifications.
* Checking budgets and technical information at the sales hand over stage, prior to manufacture.
* Scheduling of project programmes.
* Create, deploy and maintain timing schedules.
* Work closely with the design, manufacture and technical departments.
* Management and supervision of sub-contractors and external service suppliers.
* Assisting with the preparation of new quotations.
* Creating budgets and monitoring project progress.
* Liaising with the clients, internal functions and sub-contractors, to help ensure the smooth running of projects.
* Ensuring the completion of the project, as to the customer requirements.
Project Manager desirable skills/experience/attributes -
* Relevant engineering/electrical education.
* Mechanical knowledge of machinery and the manufacturing process - automated systems and mechanical principles.
* Background of manufacturing lines, conveyor systems, automation, robotics, assembly systems, special purpose machines or handling systems.
* Strong communication skills and commercial awareness.
* Proactive work ethic and natural problem solver.
* Excellent time keeper, able to work individually, or part of a team.
* Proven track record of project management, from concept through to project completion.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.