A Process Engineer job opportunity has just become available, within a specialist assembly and finishing business. Located in the Birmingham area, this Automotive sector supplier is offering a very competitive starting salary of up to £40,000 (negotiable), for the right engineering professional.
Purpose of the Process Engineer role -
* To ensure that processes are in place, for all new and existing products, aligned to producing parts to customer specs, in a controlled and cost effective manner.
Process Engineer Responsibilities include -
* Work closely with the Engineering and Production teams, for new product development.
* Support the Paint Development Manager, to specify paint systems on new products.
* Define pre-treatments of substrates, e.g. abrading, cleaning, flaming, de-ionisation etc.
* Development of new painting techniques, as well as application processes.
* Work closely and support technical and production, in the design of paint Jigs, to optimise populations and yield.
* Determine and establish process controls, for paint application and associated in-line pre-post paint operations.
* Ensure that application methods meet Technical Data Sheet requirements and the wave-scan specification.
* Manage any production trials and record appropriate data.
* Deliver any new products on time, meeting capacity demand, in line with standard costs.
* Provide technical and process support to the production teams as/when required.
* Ensure a robust TPM procedure is in place, to maintain the integrity of paint jigs.
* Deliver solutions to process issues in the manual & automated processes.
* Support any 8D initiatives and FMEA activities.
* Ensure all safety procedures, methods, equipment, and practices are adhered to at all times.
* Prepare reports/figures and deliver KPI's as/when required.
* Work closely with the Process teams to propose, plan, manage continuous improvement activities.
* Source and propose paint process improvements working with the Suppliers and the relevant company management.
* Take the lead on paint equipment specs, working with suppliers and the operations team.
* As/when required, assist the commercial team with feasibility and aid the quotation of any new business.
* Work on reducing the overall cost of manufacturing each year.
* Research new processes and carry out continuous improvement initiative, to support the business Goal Deployment Plans.
* Provide training, advice and support to process teams within the group.
* Ensure that you understand and comply with TS 16949 & ISO 14001 regulations.
Process Engineer Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
* Experience in similar position, within a business that supplies to the Automotive sector.
* Strong working Knowledge of TS 16949 / 14001.
* Good interpersonal/communication skills - able to communicate well with both internal teams and external suppliers/customers.
* Use of Quality tools such as 8D, FMEA, Root cause, Kaizen/Six Sigma & 5Y.
* Excellent communication with proven ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations.
* Knowledge of in process testing techniques.
* Experience working with/for OEM companies such as JLR
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering education.
Process Engineer Position benefits -
* Competitive starting salary package of £40,000.
* Friendly working environment.
* Career progression opportunities.
* Pension & annual leave package.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.