A Process Development Manager Job opportunity has just become available, within a specialist assembly and finishing business. Located in the Birmingham area, this Automotive sector supplier is offering a very competitive starting salary of up to £43,000 (negotiable), for the right engineering professional.
Purpose of the Process Development Manager role -
* Manage the new introduction & development of Paint systems and to continuously improve existing paint technologies.
Process Development Manager Responsibilities include -
* Management, co-ordination, monitoring and reporting on the introduction of new paint technologies and NPI, where paint system development is required.
* Liaise with new and existing technology providers in the development process, for example - Paint companies, Paint peripherals, storage applications, paint delivery applications.
* Based on the extent/impact of concern, take a leading/supporting role in co-ordinating all aspects of the corrective internal action plan and provide senior level support at customer level.
* Work closely with programme management teams, to support the smooth transfer of new products into production.
* Work closely with the process management teams, to ensure new paint systems are aligned to internal process requirements and constraints.
* Work closely with the quality management teams to coordinate paint/colour element of customer AAR submission, always ensuring a timely approval.
* Manage, coordinate, monitor and report 'in production' colour performance, supporting the operations/process engineering teams.
* Involvement in 8D, where paint failure is a root cause.
* Manage attendance/timekeeping within your team, including back to work meetings and address any issues in an appropriate manner.
* Ensure that training records are kept up to date and that the operators are trained using the Standard Operating Procedures.
* Review output and manage any KPI performance issues within your team, throughout the year.
* Continually look to improve paint and other application technologies on site.
* Support Continuous Improvement Activity.
* Drive and support the requirements to up hold up TS16949, OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 accreditations.
Process Development Manager Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
* Experience in similar position, within a business that supplies to the Automotive sector.
* Strong working Knowledge of TS 16949 / OHSAS 18001 / 14001
* Good interpersonal/communication skills - able to communicate well with both internal teams and external suppliers/customers.
* Use of Quality tools such as 8D > FEMEA > Root cause >Kaizen/Six Sigma & 5Y.
* Excellent communication with proven ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations.
* Knowledge of in process testing techniques.
* Experience working with/for OEM companies such as JLR.
* Show flexibility with working hours, as/when required.
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering education.
Process Development Manager Position benefits -
* Competitive starting salary package of £43,000 (negotiable).
* Friendly working environment.
* Career progression opportunities.
* Pension & annual leave package.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.