A Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer vacancy is available for a global manufacturing company, based in the heart of the black country. Permanent contract working 3 shifts AM/PM/Nights rotating Mon to Fri, salary is £35K per annum, with an OTE of £40 - £42K.
A world class manufacturer and market leading within steel products to the automotive industry. They have sites all over the UK, Europe and Asia, with a multi billion turnover profit each year. This site boasts a modern manufacturing facility with steel processing machinery and ABB Robot welding lines, along with overhead cranes, forklifts and other ancillary plant. They have a solid maintenance team across the shifts, along with a maintenance supervisor and manager for direct reporting.
Duties of the multi skilled maintenance engineer include -
* Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
* Reactive maintenance to breakdowns that occur through the shift
* Working on a range of slitting and blanking lines, presses, ABB Robot welders
* Ensure that equipment is in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities
* Diagnosing breakdown problems
* Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
* Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
* Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
* Carrying out electrical fault finding to component level, including fault finding on PLC's
* Use the CMMS system to log all machine downtime data
* Maintain the engineering stores system
Working hours are 38hrs per week across 3 shifts of mornings, afternoons and nights rotating weekly Mon to Fri, apart from night shift which runs midnight Sunday through to Thursday night.
The Suitable candidate
The suitable maintenance engineer will have the following demonstrable skills
* A strong background within mechanical and electrical maintenance of heavy plant and machinery
* 17th edition or hold an equivalent in electrical engineering
* Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and fault finding skills
* Experience working on steel processing machinery and ABB Robots
* Be flexible to work 3 shifts including nights, as well as overtime when required
The package on offer
* Salary of £35K including shift allowance
* Overtime paid at Time & 1/3 Weekday, Time & 1/2 Saturday, Double Time Sunday
* 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
* Company pension and healthcare package
* Free parking
The company also do annual pay increases across the board, and offer continuous training / support to staff to upskill in areas if required.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.