A Machine shop manager is required for a well-established engineering company based in the Birmingham area. Salary on offer is up to £34K, working days Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm, along with 25 days holiday plus bank hols, pension, healthcare, free parking and other benefits.
Our client specialise in precision engineering parts for Tier 1/ 2 Automotive and OEMS clients across a number of sectors.
As Machine shop manager you would have Supervised/Managed a busy production facility with 10 or more direct reports. Required to support the achievement of delivery and customer requirements through the efficient management and control of the production area ensuring process adherence, maintaining good employee relations, promoting teamwork and the provision of a safe working environment. Also you must ensure the achievement of agreed budgets and implementation of quality standards.
Key duties for the Machine Shop Managers Role:
* Daily management of various areas of production including CNC Lathe and Milling Operatives
* Plan and organise production capacity (personnel and equipment) in order to meet customer programmed requirements
* Monitor and control production key performance indicators, cost, process, quality, delivery, housekeeping, absence etc in accordance with company requirements
* Daily liaison with various departments including planning, procurement, assembly, and dispatch Process Capabilities.
* Support and drive continuous improvement activities in order to optimise equipment and processes.
* Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the company including Health and Safety Environmental and be pro-active in the development of a safe working environment.
* Leadership of direct reports, building effective teams, develop motivation and commitment, maintain morale and action all disciplinary issues
* Interviews, hiring, training, KPI monitoring, appraisals, and disciplinarians
Successful candidate for the Machine Shop Managers Role:
* To be successful in the role of Machine shop manager you will be able to demonstrate previous management experience gained within a similar manufacturing environment to include machining, Precision manufacturing
* Experience of productivity key figures e.g. Performance.
* Capable of operating within an agreed budget, be able to set clear quality objectives and have strong resource allocation.
* Have a strong understanding of lean tools including 5s, and a working knowledge of IOSH in order to coordinate with the IOSH trained personnel on site.
* Working knowledge of ISO 9001 standards
Working hours are 42.5hrs per week 8am-4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Package on offer:
* Basic salary of up to 34K dependent on experience, with potential negotiation for the ideal candidate
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company pension with up to 3% employer contributions
* Life assurance scheme
* Sick pay
* Free Parking
This is a genuine opportunity to join a well-established and recognised manufacturer of high quality products, with support from management during your initial probation period to settle into the role.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for the Machine Shop Manager please contact Noel Bailey at ASC Connections on 0121 236 1662, alternatively you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.