A leading automotive manufacturer who's going through exceptional growth requires an experienced Engineering Manager to join their team in Birmingham.
The Engineering Manager will contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production engineering; planning vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operation performance.
The key responsibilities of a Engineering Manager are:
* To manage, support and lead the team ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity
* To be responsible for installation, maintenance and improvement of production lines
* To perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
* To develop and maintain project plans/forecasts and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales
* To drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques
* To develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibilities and to ensure they are met
* To attend meetings and produce written reports and make presentations
* To support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards and all other Company policies and procedures
The Engineering Manager will possess:
* A relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications
* Experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Six Sigma
* Leadership and management skills
* Experience within the Automotive industry is desired but not essential
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.