An Applications Engineer opportunity has just become available, within a global and market leading business. Located in the Solihull area, this business is looking for an Engineering professional that can work closely with both the manufacturing team and customer base. Here you will be given extensive training and career progression opportunities, should this be of interest. If successful, you'll gain a starting salary (negotiable) of £35,000 , as well as a great holiday/pension package and annual bonus paying up to 20%.
Main Purpose for Applications Engineer position
To facilitate the application of company products, into customer product ranges, by providing technical advice. This will be directly or via the sales teams and about the specification/suitability or design of products within the relevant operating conditions, as defined by the customer or the end user.
Applications Engineer Responsibilities include -
* Provide customers with a professional service, via e-mail/telephone, concerning all technical aspects & for the whole product range in an accurate and timely manner.
* Give technical advice/recommendations, regarding the specific customer application, often involving visits to/by customers.
* Ensure the proposed products will achieve technical compliance with both customer, the business and international standards/specifications.
* Work with customers, business customer service teams/quality team and suppliers on technical non-conformances, to identify root cause and prevent recurrence.
* Initiate and coordinate additional activities, such as testing and FEA in support of customer requirements.
* Produce CAD drawings, when necessary, to help support technical proposals
* Ensure that manufacturing teams have all available and required information, to allow fit for function when designing/specifying a product.
* Represent the marketing company at technical meetings, with both Company and external suppliers.
* Conduct technical presentations/training for both customers and internal staff on the product range and capabilities.
Applications Engineer Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
* Experience in similar position.
* An engineering or other relevant technical qualification, to HND or higher or with comparable demonstrated experience.
* Ability to understand technical drawings/specifications.
* Understanding of Quality tools, such as 8D and 5 Why
* Working knowledge of CAD systems - NX, Catia, FEA (Abaqus)
* Project management experience.
Applications Engineer position benefits -
* Competitive starting salary of £35,000 (negotiable).
* Bonus scheme paying up to 20%.
* Pension & Holiday package.
* Flexi hours.
* Free parking.
* Career progression.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.