A leading manufacturing company to the aerospace industry requires an experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their facility in Birmingham.
Continuous Improvement Engineer
An excellent opportunity for a manufacturing professional to join a world leading aerospace corporation, offering excellent training, ongoing career development and excellent prospects for career advancement.
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, the role of the Continuous Improvement Engineer is to deliver rapid performance improvement across all of the manufacturing processes and to drive business performance improvements.
Specifically the role will focus at:
Driving operational excellence,
Increasing throughput and capacity across the plant,
Improving quality and Right First Time pass rate,
Cost saving activities.
This is a brilliant opportunity to play a pivotal role in major, high profile, improvement projects that will help you to gain an in depth understanding of various manufacturing processes, strengthen your problem solving skills, excel your influencing skills, make impactful changes to improve current processes and practices and help drive the business forward during this continued period of growth.
Accountable for delivering improvement projects across the site by working closely with the Operations, Engineering, Technical & Quality and Health & Safety functions.
Responsible for identifying, planning and executing improvement projects looking at increasing productivity and throughput, improving equipment availability and performance, labour efficiencies, reducing energy usage, improving product quality and Right First Time, reducing scrap and re-working, increasing material yield, and reducing cost.
Developing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving manufacturing processes and methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost and delivery on time and in full (OTIF).
Capturing and analysing data, creating Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and generating Statistical Process Control (SPC) to monitor and analyse trends in process performance, and to identify new opportunities.
Carrying out problem identification, root cause analysis (8D and RCA), and resolution to improve product yield, quality and process control.
Leading the operational continuous improvement initiatives that are designed to eliminate non-value added activities and improve performance in the five focus areas of Operational Excellence; Safety, Service, Quality, Cost, People.
Conducting process mapping & value stream mapping (VSM) activities to identify waste.
Leading Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and Kaizen activities.
Facilitating 5S activities.
Driving Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and On Time In Full (OTIF) targets.
Responsible for defining & deploying routine Operator Preventative Maintenance schedules.
Employing constraint-busting techniques to overcome bottlenecks, increase capacity and increase Operational Velocity.Acting as a coach and mentor on continuous improvement tools and techniques, ensuring that all training material, tools, best practices and resources are available to colleagues at all levels and are being utilised appropriately and effectively.
Promoting a culture of employee involvement such that the colleagues are fully engaged with the goals and ambitions of the company.
Identifying and sharing best practices.
Effectively communicating in all levels via presentations and briefings.
Responsible for adherence to the Code of Conduct and Berkshire Hathaway Cardinal Rules.
* Bachelors and ideally Masters Degree in Engineering and a good understanding of production, manufacturing, process, metallurgical or mechanical engineering.
* A demonstrable track record of successfully implementing process improvements within a modern manufacturing environment.
* Strong understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and methodologies such as Kaizen/Kanban/VSM/JIT/SMED/POKA YOKE/OEE/TPM/5S/FMEA.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma/DMAIC would be advantageous.
* A good understanding of the Theory of Constraints (TOC) in order to engage in constraint busting improvements.
* Strong analytical ability, including the ability to monitor and analyse trends.
* Strong project management skills and the ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
* Able to interpret high level business objectives into day to day plans and roll out and delegate to teams. Able to clearly identify day to day priorities and create action plans to deliver.
* Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
* Strong influencing skills and experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders to deal with cross functional barriers.
* Demonstrable computer skills; experience of Minitab and Computer Aid Design (CAD) is advantageous.
Monday - Friday 08:30 - 4:30pm
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.