A precision Aerospace company based in Nottingham is seeking an experienced CNC Mill/Turn Setter to join the expanding team. The position is a permanent contract working 6am - 4pm Monday to Friday, Rate of pay is up to £15 p/h but could be negotiable for the right person, along with overtime after 39hrs.
Trading for over 90 years, the business specializes in the manufacture of high quality manufacture of aerospace components Tier 1 to a global customer. They're part of a group of companies that as a whole supply the Automotive, Autosport, Aerospace, Rail Transport, Oil and Gas and Medical industries. The site boasts a state of the art manufacturing facility with a wide range of CNC machines, including brand new purchased machines for 2018.
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Part Programming, Setting and Operating CNC Mill Turn machine with FANUC controls
- Programme edits and modifications, then prove out
- Setting up from scratch including multiple tools, bar feeds, turrets, cycle time, machine speeds
- First off of parts for approval, using quality measuring equipment before issuing to QC Dept final pass off
- Working from engineering drawings, and following job route cards
- Identify any programme improvements and overall machining efficiency
- Machining high volume precision components with up to 11 different features, using aluminium, inconel and other hard steel materials
The Suitable Applicant
Suitable applicants will have the following demonstrable skills -
- Previous experience with Part Programming and Setting CNC Mill Turns with FANUC controls
- Be able to edit programmes, modify and identify programme improvements when possible
- Have a strong background within engineering, and be able to high volume parts
- Be able to understand and interpret customer designs / drawings in order to inspect parts
- Flexibility towards overtime as and when required
- Hourly rate of £12 - £15 p/h depending on experience
- Overtime paid after 39hrs, Time & 1/4 weekday, Time & 1/2 Saturday, Double Time Sunday
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Opt into company workplace pension scheme
This is a genuine opportunity to join a well established team with great staff retention, and further develop your own career working on state of the art machinery. They have a superb working environment with fantastic standards of quality and health & safety.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.