A CNC offline programmer is required for a well established engineering company based in Birmingham. Paying between £15 - £17 p/h, with overtime paid at Time & 1/2 for Weekday and Saturday, working hours are 7am - 4pm Mon to Thurs, with a 1pm finish on Fri,
The business are a huge presswork, machining and tool making supplier for automotive, aerospace and various other industries. Based just outside of Birmingham city centre close to the Aston Expressway in a modern 20,000sq-ft factory unit. They work to IATF16949, ISO9001 and AS9100 quality accreditation's which are in place and adhered to. You'll be part of a small yet highly experienced team of machinists, whilst reporting to the machine shop manager daily.
As the CNC Offline programmer, you'll be supporting the machine shop with improving the capabilities of the Milling machines, whilst ensuring projects are delivered on time to meet customer deadlines
Duties include -
* Offline programming of precision components using Edgecam software
* Machine programming on multi axis machining centres with Heidenhain controls
* Programme prove out and running jobs from start to finish
* Creating programmes for new jigs and fixtures
* Inspection of all components working to extremely close tolerances
* Working from 2D and 3D customer drawings
* Programme improvements, identifying improvements to jig / fixture / tooling life
* Ensuring that all Health & Safety practices are adhered to
The suitable Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following demonstrable skills
* Offline CNC Programming experience using Edgecam software
* Experience with 3 - 5 axis machining centres, ideally with Heidenhain controls knowledge
* Capability of machining all types of 1 offs, prototypes and small batch work
* Problem solving, corrective actions, and programme improvements where possible
* Interpret customer drawings and designs
Working hours are 39hrs p/w 7am - 4pm Monday to Thursday, with a 1pm finish on Friday. Half hour unpaid lunch per day, and two 10min paid breaks through the day.
Package on offer
* Hourly rate of £15 - £17 p/h, and is negotiable for the right candidate
* Overtime paid at Time & 1/2 for weekday and Saturday, Double Time on Sunday
* 33 days holiday including bank holidays
* Company Pension scheme with matched contributions from 3% upwards
* Staff discounts on retail products
* Christmas bonuses, regular team outings and events
* Free on site parking
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.