A CNC Milling Programmer is required for a well established precision engineering company, based in the Birmingham area. The role is a permanent contract working days Mon to Fri, paying £14 p/h for the right person.
Trading for over 40 year,s this medium sized engineering business manufactures a wide range of precision parts, tools, fasteners and dies for industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Medical and Petrochemical. The site boasts a large machine shop with a wide range of CNC Machining centres, Turning Lathes, EDM Wire Eroders, Gringers and conventional machining capabilities. Very low turnover of staff, coupled with long standing relationships with blue chip companies globally, they export to over 40 different countries worldwide.
CNC Milling Programmer overview -
Responsible for online and offline programming and Setting a 5 axis Mori Seiki DMU, to machine one off prototype and small batch parts for the aerospace, automotive, medical and various other industries
Responsibilities include -
* Programming, Setting and running a 5 axis Mori Seiki DMU with Siemens controls
* Writing programmes offline using Edgecam Software
* Using machine controls to programme online
* Prove out programmes ready to run
* Machining of own jigs a fixtures required for each bespoke project
* First off and final inspections of components to extremely close tolerances
* Working from 2D & 3D drawings / customer specifications directly from the customer
* Provide continuous improvement to existing programmes in order to improve the manufacturing process / reduce cycle times
* Supporting the machine shop, working other machines including Doosan Puma, Hitachi, Hyundai, Yang and Matchmaker lathes
CNC Programmer desirable skills/experience/attributes -
* Experience with Programming and setting multi axis CNC machinery
* Be able to programme both online and offline using CAD software - ideally Edgecam
* Able to understand technical drawings from customers
* Strong background in precision machining of one off / bespoke components
* Be able to identify programme improvements, or potential design adjustments to improve finished parts
* Knowledge of aerospace or automotive quality standards
Working hours are 40hrs per week 8am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Package on offer -
* Hourly rate of £14 p/h
* 28 days holiday including bank holidays
* Workplace pension scheme
* Free Parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established business with genuine career growth and training opportunities.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.