A CNC Lathe Programmer opportunity has just become available, within a well-established Engineering company located in Kingswinford. Permanent role working days from 6am - 2:30pm Mon to Fri, paying up to £29K dependant on experience. Overtime available through the week and weekends too.
The company have been trading for decades and are well established in the offshore oil and gas industry. They have various sites globally, and employ thousands of people internationally. With a huge complex spread over 2 units, they have a wide range of CNC and conventional machinery, quality department and testing lab, as well as other key functions within the manufacturing process, they can provide the very best quality turned parts, fasteners, nuts and bolts. With a low staff turnover, the business has an excellent reputation in the market for quality and value.
Duties for the role include -
* Programming of 2 & 3 axis Turning Lathes within the machining section
* Create programmes online using FANUC controls
* Edit, modify and improve programmes for existing jobs
* Tooling path selection, setting up the machine from start to finish
* First off each job using measuring equipment, before part is issued to quality department for pass off
* Working to fine tolerances of /- 10 thou
* Machining anything from one off's to small / medium batch parts as required
* Supporting the machine shop when required, working on various other turning lathes
* Completion of job route cards and production charts as required
To be successful in this role
Previous experience with Programming of CNC Turning Lathes
Ability to FANUC controls to programme and edit
Be able to interpret customer drawings and diagrams
Strong ability to look at existing programmes and suggest improvements
Working hours are 6am - 2:30pm Mon to Fri, however the company could be flexible and look at 8am - 4:30pm depending on the individual.
Package on offer
Hourly rate of £14.09 p/h, with a potential increase after a successful 12 weeks probation
Overtime available at Time 1/3 Weekday & Saturday, Double Time Sunday
31 days holiday including bank holidays
Company pension scheme
Production bonuses paid every 6 months
Opportunities of further training, the company always look to develop from within, as well as offer the chance to rotate onto other machinery including their range of sliding head lathes
This position is a permanent contract working directly for the company, with genuine opportunity of progression and career development within a growing business.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.