Application Engineer - Aerospace & Defence
£35000 - £40000 Car/Car Allowance, Pension, Private Medical, Laptop, Phone, Bonus
An excellent opportunity for a dynamic technical sales professional to join a global working company within the Aerospace & Defence market.
The company is a leading manufacturer, stockist and distributor who offer a comprehensive product range for the Aerospace, Defence, Motorsport and Industrial markets.
In order to continue growth and consolidate further the market share in the Defence & Aerospace market, an opportunity has arisen for an Application Engineer to support and assist sales in the initial selection and specification of parts at a design level.
Reporting directly to the Technical Sales Manager, the role will be national based, externally biased with additional support required either or from one of the offices or a home office.
Along with technical specification, this role will also include all aspects of sales and customer service handling. Direct communication will be required with the suppliers, the engineering team based in the South West and other stake holders within purchasing, production, sales and quality. The fast pace nature of the industry requires the individual to be able to meet tight deadlines in a demanding market place with some of the world's leading Defence & Aerospace companies.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Application based sales approach directly to design/engineering teams
* Business development of new and existing accounts in conjunction with both the Defence & Aerospace Technical Sales Manager
* Provide direct support for specialised areas such as the Space sector and technically demanding applications
* In conjunction with the Defence & Aerospace Technical Sales Manager, all new projects should be pre-qualified technically and commercially, using the correct review procedures
* Provide key customer sales analysis, market feedback, bookings and forecast projections on a monthly basis
* In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, all allocated projects should be efficiently managed, ensuring trackers are updated and all stages of work are completed in a timely fashion
* Proactively develop and maximise all opportunities for application based sales products to new and existing customers, along with leveraging new opportunities for the standard range of products
* Build strong relationships within the customers design/engineering teams to ensure there is every opportunity for the products to be designed in at this earliest opportunity
* Achieve targets set for both direct sales and commission based sales products
* Develop strong relationships with all suppliers to further support the approach to market
* Work closely with the Defence & Aerospace Technical Sales Manager to ensure a targeted approach to market, along with supporting both for application based sales
* Engineering degree or equivalent (qualified engineer)
* Sound technical and practical engineering comprehension
* Experience in selling technical solutions, preferably to the Defence & Aerospace markets
* Customer focused and problem solving mentality
* Ability to travel and operate cross functionally across the business units, along with performing customer visits.
* Sales & Business development focused
* Ability to work under own initiatives along with a high level of self-motivation
* High level of competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), along with CRM knowledge
This is a superb opportunity to enhance an already successful part of the business, alongside the current team and structure. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong desire to compliment what already exists whilst at the same time being able to develop something new and execute this in a rewarding industry. They will have the ability to thrive within a fast-paced, growing organisation and a natural willingness to succeed.
The role is an integral position which is key to the growth and success of the business, where the ideal candidate will be required to establish objectives for the department and the team.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.