A leading manufacturer of powered access equipment for the construction industry requires a Project Launch Engineer - New Product Development to join their expanding team in South Yorkshire.
Project Launch Engineer - New Product Development
Main Purpose of Role:
* Convert a concept design into a cost effective/quality manufacturing output;
* Provide leadership to the manufacturing design team and fabrication/Prototyping team;
* Project Management of tasks for the delivery of New Products and the allocated tasks within the 15 step stage gate validation process, starting with design for cost effective manufacture validation;
* Project Manage the design and manufacture of new jigs/fixtures to support the launch of new products/parts;
* Provide leadership in the delivery of Engineering Change.
Main Tasks of Role:
* Assign tasks and objectives to the design and prototyping team, relevant to project plans for New Product Introduction and improvement/re-validation of legacy products;
* Co-ordinate the actions to complete the companies structured/documented/proven validation process, including: DFM assessment, prototyping, BOM, Process, health & safety, tooling/fixtures design/manufacture/prove out (including provision and prove out of associated tools, plant, equipment, programming), process capability, drawing specification improvements/changes, weld standards/procedures/validation, in process and final inspection criteria, SOP/Work Instructions defined/proven, value stream mapped - value added/non value added time/costs, pre-production prove out, production training and handover;
* Provide project plans; Milestones, resources, detailed activities and agreed timescales for each new product/significant change to parts, conducting business risk planning and mitigation of risk;
* Liaise with New Product Design at MK on; DFM projects, testing and prototyping of concept designs, new product development stage gates, jigs and fixture designs and manufacturing time lines. Develop clear feedback process to ensure any manufacturing concerns are recorded. (Through the ECN process);
* Providing Leadership to ensure new jigs and fixtures are delivered on time to agreed specifications by Sub-contractors, holding gate reviews and reporting on progress. Escalating where agreed timelines are not being achieved;
* Commercial & specification control for the design and manufacture of jigs and fixtures;
* Facilitate NPI internal review meetings, communicating timelines, driving internal actions to completion and reporting via Gantt charts the overall status of projects;
* Facilitation of the Engineering Change Process, plan and co-ordinate the implementation of Engineering Changes. Ensuring agreed actions and timelines are achieved from each department, escalating issues where actions have not been completed. Develop and update ECN tracker to support the above.
* Degree level mechanical engineering (HND may be considered)
* 3D and 2D CAD experience (preferably CREO or equivalent)
* Design bias background with New Product Introduction experience
* Previous Project Management experience desirable.
* Fabrication / welding / machining manufacturing processes experience.
* Methodical, planner coordinator and high attention to detail
* Excellent communicator across all levels of Management, Operations and external service providers
* Can do attitude to problem solving
* Self-motivating, target driven, tenacious, able to use own initiative but facilitate teams to meet objectives
The above role offers a competitive wage, health cover, contributory pension, life insurance, and holiday allowance.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.