Production Engineer positions have just become available for a well-regarded manufacturing business, located in the Barnsley area. Known as one of the market leaders, this business will be paying a starting salary of £35,000 (negotiable) package, to the successful Engineering professionals.
Production Engineer responsibilities -
* Review of all customer requirements, in line with producing and maintaining accurate build specifications (through liaising with Sales and Design/Engineering teams)
* Communicate and support any technical drawing issues/changes with the production team.
* Accurately document bills of materials and part locations.
* Support quality assurance/control actions, with regards to supplier, customer and any internal quality, or engineering issues.
* Working closely with suppliers, to resolve any engineering queries and talk through any manufacturing/engineering cost down improvements.
* Hands on analysis, problem solving and development of production procedures and engineering specifications.
* Development of manufacturing areas, including balancing, simplification, tooling, fixtures, and structure of the workstations.
* Help drive continuous improvement throughout the business and promote the use of Quality tools and new methods/practices.
* Development of the Logistics area, through improving parts flow, material control processes and kanban systems.
* Develop and maintain the processes required, to achieve excellent housekeeping standards, through the use of 5S and visual representations.
* Buying analysis and costing reviews with suppliers, to help maximise commercial performance.
* Both mechanical and electrical fault finding and problem solving assistance, within the production area.
* Assistance with Project management as and when required.
Production Engineer desirable skills/experience/attributes -
* Experience working within a similar role, or relevant Engineering education.
* Experience/knowledge of continuous quality improvement, ideally within the manufacturing environment.
* Experience in Project management and negotiation.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong communication skills and commercial awareness.
* Proactive work ethic.
Production Engineer position benefits -
* Part of a well-established and ever expanding business.
* Progression opportunities.
* Pension and holiday package.
* Free parking.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately, or call me for all the details!
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.