Senior Business Analyst required for my client, a Logistics Company based in the South West.
The Business Analyst's focus is to work closely with operations teams and customers to gain an in-depth understanding of their logistics process and system needs, and then lead the analysis of those needs so that appropriate system solutions can be delivered.
The role is responsible for documenting, reviewing and contributing to business process design to optimise efficiency and address risks. In addition to business analysis, there will be opportunities to mentor inexperienced team members and to lead small projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead workshops, meetings and similar in order to define and document business requirements
* Analyse and challenge the requirements to ensure that the defined processes and requirements are robust and complete
* Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
* Work with other members of the IT department in order to help identify solutions that meet the documented requirements
* Lead the identification of suitable test strategies/approach for the solution
* Keep up to date with both internal and external customers needs through both formal and informal communication.
* Provide day-to-day mentoring and leadership to IT team members, explaining good/best practice, advising on approaches to problem solving and similar.
* Identify and initiating improvements both within IT and the wider business.
* Provide project level analysis - producing required analytical documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, functional design, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, future state proposals, testing plans)
* Collaborate closely with developers (including third party suppliers) to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process
* Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations
* Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
* Be a senior member of project teams; contributing to project plans and estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all owned phases of the project, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
* Meet with project teams regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
* At least 3 years' Business Analysis experience in a logistics environment
* Successful working relationships with both internal and external customers
* Detailed knowledge of warehouse management processes
* Evidence of leading small teams and mentoring others
* Evidence of working on own initiative and playing an integral role in larger teams
* Full driving licence and a willingness to travel to any of our UK sites
* Robust, but collaborative, approach with a direct communication style suited to the logistics sector
* Excellent inter-personal skills
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.