A superb opportunity exists for a Business Development Manager to join a large well known business within the Oil & Gas subsea sector.
With a very exciting senior package this role is the next level for anyone looking to move up to the top within this market.
The role of the Business Development Manager, is to identify, develop and secure the sale of installation and related services contracts, charters or consultancy within key markets of Power Cable installation and Repair as well as Oil and Gas subsea installation projects. Key to success will be the individual's ability to develop thoroughly qualify opportunities and manage communication & information flows regarding sales opportunities, bids and contract negotiations between the client, the Proposals Team and other departments within the business, the group or JV's as necessary during the sales cycle (lead through contract award). In addition to this the role is responsible for the development and maintenance within the company including a business development plan as well as annual Sales & Marketing plans, a Sales Pipeline, Forecast and agreed set of Key Account Management plans, alongside appropriate management reporting and sales objectives. This role is key in delivering a bid to contract ratio of 4:1 and in turn annual installation financial targets and 5 year business plan. This role will naturally develop into a team management position
* Manage the day to day activity of the Sales to achieve a bid to contract ratio of 4:1, whilst ensuring the financial and strategic objectives of the company are met every year.
* Develop a Business Development Plan and associated sales and marketing plans which ensures both new and existing customer relationships are in place to ensure the group is the submarine services provider of choice in its chosen markets.
* Ensure account management plans are in place for all key accounts and provide timely sales input in to the annual marketing plan and events.
* Ensure comprehensive completion of and adherence to the sales qualification and prioritisation process which ensures only those opportunities that present the best chance of conversion to contract, and support the successful delivery of financial and strategic plan, are allocated to the Proposals team.
* Working alongside the Proposals Manager, ensure all relevant technical and commercial aspects of the bid are clearly understood by the Sales lead, as well as the Proposals Engineer and when necessary the contract negotiation team. Ensure that Sales and Proposals are closely aligned during the opportunity lifecycle through to contract award or loss.
* Ensure the Sales lead responsible works closely with the proposals lead to produce a comprehensive proposal document, approves same before issue to client and follows up on all bid submissions within 10 working days of the submission date, providing feedback to the Proposals team re same.
* In conjunction with the Director agree margins to be applied to proposals to reflect market pricing intelligence, inherent risk levels, USP's as well as the business plan targets for each market sector
* Ensure sales team proactively provides input into Vessel Resource Meeting, clearly understands utilisation levels, alongside any gaps and is focused to secure work to address same.
* Provide Line Management with regular reports related to all relevant sales, market and competitor activity including an accurate Sales Pipeline, Forecast and Key Account Plan data set
* Set and manage the annual Sales budget
* Other tasks as may be reasonably requested by line manager from time to time
* Minimum of 5 years Senior Sales or Business Development experience in a similar role, within the submarine fibre optic and/or Oil & Gas industry
* Experience in managing a remote and culturally diverse team.
* A good understanding of contractual terms and conditions, risk management and RQHSE practices.
* Extensive experience in sales, negotiating and closing major contracts
* Educated to Degree level, preferably in an engineering discipline or with an MBA
* Excellent interpersonal, management and reporting skills
* Good working knowledge of SharePoint, MS Office and CRM systems
* Willingness to undertake frequent periods of domestic and international travel.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.