A leading food manufacturing company based in Northampton require a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their busy facility, 12 hr shifts 4 on 4 off covering 3 different shifts, 5am-5pm, 6am -6pm and 10am to 10pm (no nights).
Due to expansion we require a Multi Skilled Shift Maintenance Engineer to effectively perform electrical and mechanical maintenance of all process equipment; actively maintaining our PPM schedule & internal maintenance requests. This role also includes developing continuous improvements, by leading/facilitating these through several department projects to all areas of the business.
Skills and Experience Required:
* Previous experience working in a food/beverage manufacturing environment as a multi skilled engineer is essential.
* Multi skilled in both electrical & mechanical discipline.
* Basic workshop skills.
* Ability to fault find & rectify.
* Ability to read electrical drawings.
* Good communication skills (written & verbal)
* Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards & regulations, IOSH trained desirable but not a necessity.
* 17TH Edition desirable but not a necessity.
* Fabrication skills desirable but not a necessity.
* Experience with industrial microwaves & gas ovens, high voltage is highly advantageous.
* Willingness to train & learn new skills.
* Must have flexibility in working hours & shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
* Job holder should have experience and be able to combine their knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles to support the delivery of a successful production facility.
* Effectively performing electrical and mechanical maintenance of all process equipment; actively maintaining our PPM schedule & internal maintenance requests.
* Offering advice, arranging and supporting in all aspects of HR whilst maintaining consistency and working in accordance with company procedures, legislation and best practice.
* Will enable a robust handover from day shift to implement any required after production maintenance or scheduled Timely delivery of reactive/planned engineering maintenance across site using tools & techniques such as RCA, 6S and Kaizen etc.Working on machinery/equipment such as: Industrial microwaves, gas ovens, high voltage transformers, blast freezers, slicers, hydraulic meat presses, multi-head check weighers, sealers, multivac wrapping machines, metal detectors, refrigeration plant (Ammonia/glycol)
* Identification and implementation of improvement ideas to achieve world-class standards relating to our KPI's, quality and H&S measurements across the facility.
* Developing continuous improvements, leading/facilitating these through several departments' projects to all areas of the business.
* Focus on production start-up and continues support production throughout the course of the various shifts
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.