A service engineer is required for a global market leader of renewable energies based within the UK. The position requires you to provide service and maintenance to generators and other site plant across key sites in the Yorkshire area. It's a permanent contract paying £28K basic with a pay increase after 3 months, and it comes with call out bonus, company vehicle and fuel card, 25 days holiday and pension.
A leading provider of anaerobic waste digestion, and associated gases conversion into renewable energies, the company provide a wide range of solutions for sites all over the UK. Operating regionally, they support a range of clients from food production, dairy, distilleries, landfill sites and many others. They offer round the clock support both remotely and site based, with teams of engineers designated to their regions.
The purpose of the role is to maximise electrical production and reduce operational costs by taking responsibility (where this is economically beneficial) for the operation and maintenance of as much plant and equipment as possible. Key to this will be our ability to operate and maintain our own generating sets and gas processing plant. To ensure the operation and maintenance of all operational generator sets, plant and gas systems to achieve maximum safe electrical output
* Day to day operations and maintenance including but not limited to; fault diagnosis, location and rectification
* Planned maintenance and breakdown response on the generator sets with minimum outages
* Utilisation and compliance of the company's operations and maintenance procedures, manuals, record keeping and stock control systems.
* Execution of all generator maintenance and the use of Operations staff to undertake minor maintenance on generators as required by the management.
* Maintenance and repair of all mechanical and electrical plant, including pumps and motors at all facilities.
* Maintenance and inspection of LV electrical equipment subject to training and competency
* Operation of HV switchgear subject to training and competency.
* Commissioning of new build including all associated equipment ranging from the generator to telephone line communications.
* Repair and maintenance of generators.
* Training, support and supervision of Operations Technicians to undertake minor maintenance and simple fault finding.
* Support the on call rota with 24-hour emergency response, as part of a team of 6 rota
* Ordering of spares and control of stock.
* Contractor supervision.
* Implementation of HSQE systems.
* Compliance and implementation of company environmental protection procedures with a proactive approach to maintaining, monitoring, reporting and auditing, and updating company systems.
* Conduct air emissions monitoring.
* Compilation and completion of outstanding works raised by site audits.
* Ensure company vehicles in your care are maintained to manufacturer's specification and in keeping with policy.
* Deal directly with environmental spillages using pollution prevention equipment and materials
The ideal candidate
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Electrical and Mechanical maintenance.
* Recognised level in an Electrical skill or relevant experience in the field.
* Experience with electric control systems 12v DC - 415v AC 30ø
* Fault location, diagnosis and rectification
* Experience working with Landfill Gas, specialist fuels and/or on generators is advantageous
Working hours are 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Any additional hours worked during the week are given back as time off in lieu.
Basic salary of £28K with a salary increase after probation
Company Van and fuel card
Mobile phone, tools, PPE and Uniform
Standby on call bonus of £336 per month
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Company Private Pension
Private medical insurance
Opportunities to buy and sell holidays
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.