This growing manufacturer of medical devices is currently seeking an Injection Moulding Process Engineer to join their team.
As a Plastics Process Engineer, your duties will include -
* Running and development of tooling and processes for extrusion and injection moulding machinery.
* Providing first-line support to Production for process and equipment issues.
* Responsibility for creating User Requirement Specifications and Functional Design Specifications for capital expenditure, business purchases, and other business needs such as tools and fixtures.
* Sourcing, procurement, and commissioning and installation and operational qualification of equipment (IQOQ and all required IQOQ outputs), tools, and fixtures, which may include FAT, SAT and DQ.
* Responsible for generating scientific protocols and reports and other quality system documentation.
* Conducting process development and validation in accordance with the requirements of the QMS and any specified customer requirements, and Health & Safety legal requirements, including full documentation of all trials and validations.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining documents such as work instructions, production work instructions in draft, pFMEA, risk assessments, SSOW's (Safe Systems of Work) training, etc.
* Provide expertise to NPD and other departments as required with support for new product introductions and new technologies, sample builds and building jigs.
* Develop and validate inspection and testing techniques and equipment where required for process development and validation.
* Responsible for training departments for processes and equipment use.
To be successful in the role of Plastics Process Engineer, the ideal Candidate will -
* Have significant experience with plastics processing, either Injection Moulding or Extrusion, as a Process Engineer
* Come from a medical devices or pharmaceutical background ideally with working to ISO13485 QMS
* Have experience of process development and validation and understand the dependencies in a validation project.
On offer -
* A competitive salary
* Days based role
* Career development/progression
* Working for a dynamic and growing company
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.