A superb opportunity exists for a Head of Quality for a well known electronics business based in the Manchester area.
Please only apply for this role if you have substantial senior quality leadership knowledge.
* Establish the BL quality strategy and roadmap, policies and objectives in line with overall business goals and corporate guidelines. Represent quality management to establish the business line strategy, business plans, budget and support the operational development.
* Develop policies and processes for Quality and Risk Management in order to meet customer and legal requirements in line with the Company standards requirements. Provide advice and guidance as appropriate.
* Promote and act as internal consultant for Quality to proactively drive the development of the Business Excellence Model (EFQM)
* Manage, implement and facilitate all Regulatory Approvals and surveillance audits for obtaining and maintaining site self-certification status including providing advice on all regulatory matters and changes which may impact the business in relation to quality
* Implement, monitor and control all quality systems (including Quality (ISO9001), Environmental (ISO14001 ) and health & safety standards (BS7799, BS15000, 18001 etc.). In addition control all quality related documents within the business, in line with corporate and business objectives.
* Manage the assigned Quality budget.
* Ensure that staff are recruited, managed and developed with appropriate competencies and knowledge to deliver the functions objectives and targets. Control and review target objectives for all department members against the quality performance plan. Manage and maintain effective working relations with consultants, customers and suppliers to ensure a responsive and integrated approach to delivering contractual requirements.
* Comply with all EH&S legislation and company procedures.
Responsible for the adherence of companies End User IT Security policy and Baseline IT Security
policy. Report any IT related security incidents as outlined in the appropriate IT Security policy
Contain and Prevent
* Reduce the Quality issues in the field and de-risk the current deliveries
* Managing Q-Cases handling and capturing the key learning's for preventative actions.
* Assure product quality along the value chain within the budgeted product manufacturing cost.
* Control product robustness, reliability and durability performance.
* Assist project leader's for de-risking the current designs
* Lead continuous improvement (Kaizen) and Breakthrough projects (Kaizen Blitz, 6 sigma)
Learn & Improve
* Enable the value generation through a Management by Process approach
* Create visibility and transparency
* Stimulate a fact based, continuous improvement and learning culture, include benchmarking.
* Deploy the extensive use of advanced quality method. (FMEA, 5S, Lean, SPC, Value chain management, ….)
* Leverage synergies and benchmark opportunities with other L&G organizations
Create a culture of excellence
* Pave the way towards Excellence
* Give guidance for best practice implementations and facilitate benchmarking activities for the entire organization.
Stimulate, achieve and sustain superior levels of performance adding value for all stakeholders.
* Promote an inspiring culture of creativity and entrepreneurship
Critical Success Factors
* Networking, coaching
* Communication, Enable transparency, Transform Data into information
* Quality Tools & Methods, Training, Document Management
* Confidential Data Collation and Reporting
* Budgetary Management
* Signatory for purchase requisitions within area of responsibility
* Staff Management - including setting of targets, performance and annual reviews
* Business Process & Risk management, Kaizen, 6 Sigma, FMEA, DOE, Analytical thinking
* Product quality assurance, product reliability, design to quality
* Excellence model (EFQM), Q-EHS standards (ISO / BS)
* Project management, CMMi, Lean Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Supplier management,
* Leadership competencies, Strategic thinking, Communication
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.