This role offers an open corporate and international culture, a flat hierarchy and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company established over 140 years ago. The high professional standards and the sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. They invest in employees for the long term and are committed to supporting your development within the company. They offer a competitive base salary (£23k to £42k depending on experience), plus an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), childcare vouchers and discount schemes, private health cover, plus a contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
The key responsibility of the role is to build new solutions using cutting-edge Microsoft technologies to drive various business processes. Also they have a number of legacy systems that must be upgraded / migrated to ensure a future proof, well supported and easily maintained software estate.
Working within the IT team, the person will:
* Develop new solutions in a team Agile/SCRUM environment;
* Work closely with senior developers and business analysts to understand client processes and requirements;
* Provide software task estimates;
* Create and maintain technical documentation;
* Demonstrate interim and final solutions;
* Communicate clearly and concisely;
* Integrate where possible other solutions and technologies to improve efficiency.
Some key initial projects will be:
* Development of new MVC web systems;
* Migration of legacy applications to C# using MVC;
* Ongoing development of existing laboratory information management system.
* Strong SQL skills including T-SQL, and practical experience of writing stored procedures, views, triggers and functions
* Source Control Management (Microsoft TFS)
A chance to join a genuine global leader in their field, internationally recognised as the benchmark for quality and integrity.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.