This well-established and successful moulding business is currently seeking experienced Lead Shift Setters working alternating day shifts who can help them achieve the company's business goals, exceed their customer's expectations, getting the best from their people and move forward their ability to meet technical challenges. Basic salary will be in the range of £29,000 - £32,000 depending on the candidate, with the possibility of overtime. The wider package includes non-contributory pension, private healthcare and profit share bonus.
As Lead Setter, your duties will include -
* Understanding the shift technical objectives, drive them and identify areas for improvement.
* Being the technical lead on the shift working as part of a team to methodically solve problems.
* Leading the shift setting team and manage individual performance.
* Deputising for the Shift Leader.
* Taking ownership for ensuring production meets set targets and driving improvements in: OEE, Scrap and real-time issues that result in waste ; Downtime/Set-up times; Quality/Complaints; Health & Safety; Housekeeping and workplace standards on quality (such as medical)
* Working with peers to implement seamless shift handovers, driving common standards and procedures so that the business operates efficiently 24 hours per day.
* Ensuring team members are actively engaging with company documentation and production monitoring systems are up to date and accurate.
* Promoting a culture of continuous improvement, contributing to continuous improvement projects both within the shift, across the shifts with the direct team and across departments.
* Taking pride in working with your team and other teams to deliver a modern, efficient, safe and clean working environment which demonstrates manufacturing excellence.
* Identifying talent within your team and put in place plans to grow people who have the potential to offer more, including yourself.
To be successful in the role of Lead Setter, the ideal Candidate will -
* Be experienced in Technical Injection Moulding and associated environment.
* Be experienced with a variety of moulding machines and plastic materials.
* Have demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to get the best from your people.
* Be self-motivated with the ability to manage upwards to ensure you can do the best job possible.
* Forward thinking in developing new ideas and the ability to introduce them across company.
Candidates suitable for this role will already hold the job title of Senior Setter, Moulding Technician, or Head Setter, and are likely to have industry related qualifications such as IMT, PTIC, or G&A.
On offer -
* A competitive salary
* Overtime when available
* Non-contributory pension
* Private healthcare
* Profit share bonus.
Click "apply now" to be considered for this role.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.