Product Development Engineer / Lead Product Development Engineer
£25000 - £50000 Benefits
Leading global developer, manufacturer and supplier of components for the commercial vehicle market
The Product Development Engineer and Lead Development Engineer positions will be mainly focused on the development of the core product range with a strong bias toward electronic engineering.
Provide both product design and project management capability and assist the Product Development Team in upgrades and new product design, development & verification of the product portfolio.
This position will be predominantly at product level, requiring good understanding of defining and managing requirements, electronic & mechanical design, product verification and validation.
The role requires the utilisation of cutting edge technologies and engineering methods keeping the company at the forefront of technology and enabling it to better manage and control its intellectual properties, whilst enhancing its cost effectiveness.
As part of the Engineering Department the successful candidate will also be required to support the Quality team and Application team in adapting current products for specific customer demands.
The role will be primarily supplier-facing, managing multiple suppliers and manufacturers in both high and low-cost countries, overcoming cultural and language barriers to deliver new product in time for market.
The Development Engineer will also be required to:
* Lead and manage product development throughout the product life-cycle
* Liaise with suppliers and management
* Handle product design and design for manufacturing
* Product verification and validation
* Prepare detailed component technical drawings, documentation and user manuals.
* Aid the customers, sales and marketing on technical solutions and products support
Design / development responsibilities:
* Design LED and LCD displays and Cameras
* Design and develop video and audio processing components & interfaces
* Digital video & audio recording
* Ultrasonic sensing
* Acoustic alarms
* Analogue and digital circuit design and development
* Micro & digital signal processing systems
* Digital communication protocols e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI, RS232 or similar.
* Software & hardware interface & software engineering
* PCB level troubleshooting and product fault finding
The Successful Candidate
To be successful in an application candidates will need to demonstrate that they possess the following skills, attributes and experiences:
Product Development Engineer:
* Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics product development or similar Alternative educational background combined with solid professional experience
* 5-6 GCSE's at Grade B or above including Maths, Science (Physics) and English
* High level of numeracy and literacy
* 3 years Industry practical experience with electronics product development (mandatory)
* Able to demonstrate co-ordination skills
* Attention to detail is critical
* Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, video signal processing
* Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD's and digital recording technologies
* Electrical & mechanical CAD development tools
Lead Product Development Engineer:
* Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics product development or similar.
* 5-6 GCSE's at Grade B or above including Maths, Science (Physics) and English.
* High level of numeracy and literacy 4 Above average computer literacy
* Minimum 8 years practical experience with electronics and mechanical product development.
* Able to demonstrate co-ordination skills.
* Extensive knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, video signal processing.
* Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD's and digital recording technology's
* Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronic architecture, multiplex communication protocols and systems.
* Computer application skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, MCAD & ECAD & PCB development tools, Electronic circuit simulation programs
* Genuine interest in modern technology preferably with in the automotive industry.
* Attention to detail is critical
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.