A Tooling Engineer job opportunity has just become available, within a market leading manufacturing business. Located in the Hereford area, this business is looking for an Engineering professional that can work closely with the various teams on site, to help ensure customer requirements are met. If successful, you'll gain a starting salary (negotiable) of £40,000 bonus, as well as a great holiday/pension package to go with it.
Main Purpose for the Tooling Engineer position
As a tooling engineer you will help manage tooling activities and requirements on site, making sure that performance requirements in Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost are met. You will be working closely with the Production, team leaders, engineers and planners on site, so strong technical and communication skills will be required.
Tooling Engineer Responsibilities include -
* Supervision of all tooling and assemblies on site.
* Assist with the development of short through to medium term tooling plans, in co-ordination with order requirements and company objectives.
* Continuous improvement of tooling, through the design and selection of solutions to help increase the overall performance, including tooling life and costs.
* Make sure that tools are processed and prepared to the required quality standards and inspection testing processes.
* Make sure that machines are operated to the best possible proficiency, utilising lean methods and the monitoring of maintenance requirements.
* Assist production management in any day to day departmental problems, apportioning work through team supervisors and monitoring the overall team performance.
* Maintain strong communication, with all staff levels throughout the business.
Tooling Engineer Desirable Skills/Experience/Attributes -
* Experience in similar position.
* Ability to understand technical drawings/specifications.
* Results driven, with a proactive focus on continuous improvement.
* Strong technical and interpersonal communication skills.
* An engineering degree or other relevant technical qualification.
Tooling Engineer position benefits -
* Competitive starting salary of £40,000 (negotiable).
* Bonus scheme.
* Health-care and life insurance.
* Pension & holiday package.
* Free parking.
* Career progression.
* Opportunity to work for a well-established business.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.