Job Title: Technical Inside Sales Engineer
Location: nr Basingstoke
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 - Plus Commission
Formula one, Spacecraft, Samsung, Metrology. These are just a handful of accounts/sectors that one of the leading nationwide custom motion control solutions are working in. On the back of increased activity and customer base, a brand new role has opened up.
The Inside Sales Engineer will provide internal sales coverage and conduct prospecting activities in cooperation with various members of the current sales team, including Field sales, Business development and Regional sales.
You will be given the opportunity to develop sales skills through hands-on experience, coaching, and mentorship from your direct and extended selling team.
If you are a natural communicator, with a keen eye for detail, excellent organizational skills and have a passion or knowledge of motion control products, read on!
Day to day activities will consist of responsibilities such as;
* Prospects for potential new customers with the specific goal of turning them into sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts independently or based on specific targets generated by the Business Development team.
* Follows up active leads generated by marketing activities
* Creates new opportunities by answering telephone and email inquiries. All new inquiries should include verifying and entering accurate account and contact information into the company CRM
* Obtains initial information needed to make a business case for a new opportunity including, but not limited to: the customer budget, customer need, decision making authority and timeline. Information required is in conjunction with Aerotech's internal sales process
* Effectively understand and respond to customer objections
* Obtains initial application information including, but not limited to process details and general system configuration
To succeed in this role, you will need strong selling abilities, a technical understand of Motion Control Products as well as excellent objecting handling and negotiating skills….naturally.
You will also have excellent organization skills and be self-motivated to manage your own workloads to meet your KPI Goals.
Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills
Intermediate level of computer proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Products
Good organization skills; focused on attention to detail and accuracy
Well-developed interpersonal skills; able to build relationships quickly
YOU MUST HAVE - A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field, from an accredited college or university
At least two years of related experience and/or training
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.