A Senior Principal Infrastructure Engineer required for my Gloucestershire based client. This is a senior level technical role to drive Operational excellence and be a department leader in the design, implementation and operation of technical solutions. Paying a very competitive salary and offering free parking, 25 days leave, BUPA, cycle to work, flexible working and many opportunities for training and social events/activities
Aim of the role is to:
* Develop the strategic and tactical operational roadmaps for technologies and services in their area of responsibility, making sure that they are future proofed and that the organisation derives maximum value from investment in technologies
* Own the operational relationships with suppliers making sure services and products are delivered and aligned to industry best practice, regulatory and contractual requirements
* Work with engineering and architecture to transition the designs into Operations and support build functions in via specifying operational requirements
* Liaise with and direct Operations teams in building, managing, supporting and maintaining solutions according to organisational best practice
Duties & Responsibilities:
IT Infrastructure - Support, design and implement infrastructure technologies and solutions such as: compute, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and open source packages and solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
* Ownership and initiative - Take ownership of problems and proactively resolve technical problems, ensure that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Take full accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
* Problem Solving - Understand and identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. Classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
* Testing - Plan, design, manage, execute tests, using appropriate tools and techniques, working within regulations. Ensures risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented
* Service Transition - Defining and ensuring the operational standards for service transition
* Leadership -Provide technical leadership to the department, delivering strategic objectives, liaising with local and global teams to find the best solutions and helping meet the demands of the wider business.
* Information security - Maintain the technical security, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through compliance with relevant legislation and regulations. Design, implement and operates control and management strategies to allow this.
* 3 years experience in a Senior Technical role (Senior Engineering, Security, Architecture)
* Experience of working with stakeholders across departments, international experience a benefit
* Experience of interpreting strategic objectives and self-setting team objectives and direction
* Expert technical understanding of different technology stacks
* A technicalengineering background
* Ability to work under pressure and offer strong and clear leadership
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.