A Quality Manager opportunity has just become available, within a Precision Engineering Business, located in the Gloucestershire area. This company is offering a competitive starting salary package of up to £45,000 (negotiable) for the right, engineering professional. Contractors are also open to applying for this position, hourly rate TBC.
Main Purpose/Targets for the Quality Manager role -
* Customer/Company/Regulatory requirements are maintained.
* Quality Accreditation's/standards are maintained.
* Business Management Systems & procedures are audited and regularly reviewed and are in-line with Customer/Company and Regulatory requirements.
* Appropriate skills are available within the team, and across other parts the business, to ensure the delivery of Customer/Company and Regulatory requirements.
* Any defined KPI targets are achieved.
* Continual improvement activities are implemented, to enhance the Business Management System - 5S, Kaizen, lean process's etc)
* Training is delivered across the business, to build quality awareness.
* An on-going continuous improvement/development focus is maintained across the company.
Quality Manager requirements include -
* Develop and deliver Quality Department personnel training and development plans, to ensure appropriate tools and techniques are available to achieve both current and future Customer, Company and Regulatory requirements.
* Manage Quality Department budgets.
* Lead and manage the day-to-day activities within the Quality Department.
* Define and manage the auditing system, to measure the conformance of the BMS processes, ensuring all corrective actions are documented and actioned and in a timely manner.
Desirables for this Quality Manager opportunity -
* Relevant engineering/manufacturing degree or HND, BTec/NVQ equivalent.
* Solid understanding of QMS requirements - AS9100 and ISO9000 (mandatory) and TS16949 (desirable)
* Understanding of and experience in the aerospace industry (mandatory), Automotive (desirable).
* Strong understanding and experience of using Quality tools/techniques - APQP, SPC, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, problem solving tools, process control techniques etc..)
* Strong planning skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Familiarisation with lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
* The ability to motivate and engage staff across the business, to ensure that tasks are completed.
* Ability to plan and control deliverables, tasks and timings for the Quality department
Quality Manager Position benefits -
* Competitive salary/contract hourly rate.
* Flexible Working hours, early on Friday.
* Pension scheme.
* Holiday package.
* Chance to join a well-regarded Engineering business.
If interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.