Principal Safety & Reliability Engineer
Leading supplier of control products for the aerospace and defence sectors.
Reporting to the Functional Domain Manager - Systems, Safety and Supportability, the position would involve proactively influencing the development of products to ensure Safety, Testability and R&M principles are implemented and integrated into designs to minimise Whole Life Costs.
* Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with military and civilian standards, directives and requirements including but not limited to, Def. Stan's 00-40, 42, 44, 45, 56, BSEN 61508, MIL-STD 1629 & 882D, MIL-HDBK 217F, RIAC Derating, ARP4761 & 4754, CS25, ABD0100 as appropriate
* Identify and analyse Safety, Testability, R&M requirements from customers
* Generation of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Supportability plans and case reports
* Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment
* Provide guidance for design for safety, reliability, maintainability and testability within Engineering design teams
* Influence the design and development of engineering solutions to be safe and supportable in accordance with the appropriate safety and supportability codes of practice
* Conduct/co-ordinate Safety, R&M and Supportability reviews of supplier technical documentation
* Identify and agree Safety and Supportability requirements from international legislation, directives and standards that may be outside of the project scope and which may impact upon the business
Expectations, Background and Understanding
* Degree or HNC educated in an engineering or science discipline
* A background in electronics would be a distinct advantage
* Understanding of product development life-cycle and associated requirements
* Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and schedule
* Experience and understanding of product development practices to ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality standards
* Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC would be an distinct advantage
* Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA)
* Awareness of supportability aspects of a programme
* Experience of identifying Programme and Customer related Supportability requirements
* Experience of Mechanical Engineering Development
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.