A Software Architect is required for my client a, leading eLearning organisation with an opening which can be based in either Brighton or Sheffield
You will be working for a market leading, global organisation, which is fast growing in the learning technologies sector and offers a VERY competitive salary, an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension scheme, ShareSave scheme, flexible working, discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers. The Brighton site boasts a fantastic Sea front location. All that and great bean-to-cup coffee and fresh fruit in our UK offices.
The requirements for this role are:
* Demonstrable and significant experience with identifying issues and implementing solutions to complex problems in medium to large-scale backend infrastructure and preferably mobile platforms.
* Demonstrable significant experience with analysing and solving complex and difficult problems across the stack.
* Five years of experience with web development frameworks (for example Spring, Hibernate and React) to ease the creation of complex, data-driven applications, that emphasises reusability and 'pluggability' of components, rapid development, and support the principle of don't repeat yourself.
* Demonstrate significant experience with secure software architectures designed for cloud-based solutions.
* Demonstrable experience with unit testing and BDD testing frameworks.
* Demonstrable experience creating complex solutions using industry standards and best-practice, excellent understanding across a wide range of technologies, processes, tools and systems.
* Able to understand enterprise-scale solutions and how new solutions can be integrated.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Self-motivated, capable of learning quickly and reacting to a world of ever evolving technologies.
* Have real enthusiasm and passion for the field of software engineering, and be proud of your work.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the entire DevOps chain, preferably cloud based.
* Demonstrable experience with the Scrum methodology.
The Software Architect is a pivotal role within the global Software Engineering Team This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to meaningful learning solutions that will make a genuine difference to people's lives.
The Software Architect will be responsible for:
* Defining and delivering new (productised) cloud-based software (sub-)system.
* Enhancing / extending existing ones.
* This role is critical in taking the engineering team into a domain using web development frameworks.
* This role will do this in collaboration with several departments in the company, and where needed, with strategic clients.
* Introducing cutting-edge technologies to deliver new (sub-)products and/or optimise existing ones.
* Mentor and coach other software engineers as they carry out (sprints of) build work, ensuring they are provided with clear instructions of how to approach execution of build tasks and quality assuring work.
This role will also personally carry out complex development tasks to actively support the development of the company's road map.The Senior Software Architect will help to ensure proposals are technically robust and correctly estimated. The Senior Software Architect will be expected to bring industry-wide best-practice to all of their work whilst maintaining a broad range of technical knowledge and is expected to provide leadership to the DevOps chain that provides the foundation for the organisation's software development life cycle.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.