This growing manufacturer with a global customer base is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team, where you will be responsible for the running of an established team on a double days basis (one week earlies, one week lates), Monday-Friday.
As Production Supervisor you will assist the Production Manager responsible for the operation of an assigned area in terms of production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety and human resources, whilst respecting the defined goals.
For the role of Production Supervisor, duties will include -
* Responsibility for the day-to-day management of people within production, to ensure the Company's targets and objectives are met, meeting customer requirements.
* Training, developing and mentoring new employees.
* Making sure Health & Safety standards, including PPE requirements are observed and maintained throughout the shop floor at all times.
* Working closely with other shift supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communication tools.
* Completing production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
* Monitoring and managing stock levels of raw material and consumables.
* Playing a key part in the Company's continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth of the Company.
* Management of staff to include dealing with any personnel issues on shift, monitoring and maintain absence, etc
* Being point of contact when Production Manager is off site and being able to make appropriate decisions while following the Company reporting structure.
To be successful in the role of Production Supervisor, the ideal Candidate will -
* Have experience within team-leading, supervising, or management with an engineering manufacturing /production environment (not food).
* Have good knowledge/experience of lean manufacturing skills /techniques.
* Have a strong focus on quality and following procedures
* Have knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
* Be proficient with MS Office
Candidates suitable for this role are likely to already hold the job title of Production Teamleader, Manufacturing Supervisor, or similar.
* A competitive salary
* Company pension
* 23 days holiday
* Professional development including various training and courses
Apply now to be considered for this role!
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.