Seeking an experienced Group IT Support Technician to assist in the provision and support of day-to-day use of all the Group's IT systems across its multi-site operations - over 200 users across 9 sites plus home and field-based employees.
The successful Group IT Support Technician will be responsible for the administration of the corporate network, servers (physical and virtual), SANs, client installation, configuration and technical support. The IT Support Technician will have previous experience of managing secure networks in a MS-Windows environment in a multi-disciplined organisation.
Group IT Support Technician Skills & Responsibilities:
* Build and deploy desktop, mobile and peripheral hardware equipment.
* Configure and maintain network routing and switching hardware.
* Maintenance of MS-Windows Active Directory including profiles, security groups and Group Policies.
* Ensure system backups, anti-virus and malware procedures are continued to be reviewed, tested and upgraded.
* Train end users to make appropriate and safe use of the IT infrastructure.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems configuration & troubleshooting.
* TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, GPO, and Powershell scripting skills are essential for this position.
* Knowledge of virtual network technologies, specifically VMware.
* Security and backup solutions, particularly, Veeam, Symantec, Watchguard
* Experience of MS-Office 2010, 2013 or 2016.
* Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, problem-solving and communication skills
IT Support Technicians Benefits include: 24 days holiday, Pension Scheme, Free Eye Test, Life Assurance etc
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.