A Machine shop manager is required for a well established engineering company based in the Nottingham area. Salary on offer is up to £37K, working days Mon to Fri, along with 26 days holiday plus bank hols, pension, healthcare, free parking and other benefits.
A world class manufacturing company trading for over 40 years, the business are a specialist design, manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of high quality products for the public sector, distributing all over the UK and overseas. The products are produced under quality systems accredited to ISO9001, ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. The business retains the reputation of market leader in this industry by attention to detail and business excellence. They utilize lean tools throughout the business, and strive to achieve the very best quality in all areas of manufacturing and distribution.
As Machine shop manager you would have Supervised/Managed a busy production facility with 15 or more direct reports. Required to support the achievement of delivery and customer requirements through the efficient management and control of the production area ensuring process adherence, maintaining good employee relations, promoting teamwork and the provision of a safe working environment. Also you must ensure the achievement of agreed budgets and implementation of quality standards.
- Daily management of various areas of production including CNC Cells, Fabrication and Welding, and finishing areas
- Plan and organise production capacity (personnel and equipment) in order to meet customer programmed requirements.
- Monitor and control production key performance indicators, cost, process, quality, delivery, housekeeping, absence etc in accordance with company requirements.
- Daily liaision with various departments including planning, procurement, assembly, and dispatch
- Process Capability
- Support and drive continuous improvement activities in order to optimise equipment and processes.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures of the company including Health and Safety,
Environmental and be pro-active in the development of a safe working environment
- Leadership of direct reports, building effective teams, develop motivation and commitment, maintain morale and action all disciplinary issues.
- Interviews, hiring, training, KPI monitoring, appraisals, and disciplinaries
To be successful in the role of Machine shop manager you will be able to demonstrate
- Previous management experience gained within a similar manufacturing environment to include machining, fabrication and finishing
- Hold a HNC or equivalent in engineering
- Experience of productivity key figures e.g. Performance.
- Capable of operating within an agreed budget, be able to set clear quality objectives and have strong resource allocation.
- Have a strong understanding of lean tools including 5s, and a working knowledge of IOSH in order to coordinate with the IOSH trained personnel on site.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 standards
Working hours are 37hrs per week Monday to Friday.
Package on offer:
Basic salary of up to 37K dependent on experience, with potential negotiation for the ideal candidate
26 days holiday plus bank holidays
Company pension with up to 6.5% employer contributions
Life assurance scheme
This is a genuine opportunity to join a well established and recognised manufacturer of high quality products, with support from management during your initial probation period to settle into the role.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.