An fantastic opportunity exists for a senior manufacturing professional to join a world leading first tier supplier to help develop and complete the first phase of a very exciting project.
As our client simultaneously manages multiple projects we're looking to identify, from the external market, talented production/ manufacturing leaders to join our Operations function within our build delivery facilities we're interested in exceptional individuals that bring with them the capability and ambition to be our future leaders. You will have exceptional and inspirational leadership skills.
The role of the General Manager is to deputise in the effective operation and improvement of the particular section of the facility, with the ultimate aim of ensuring that the facility operates and delivers work to its maximum potential. This will see the successful individual immediately be responsible for the detailed planning and preparation, and support to the subsequent execution of agreed packages of work from the Programme teams to the required quality, schedule and budget. Alongside this there will be the need to identify and execute opportunities for continuous improvement of the facility, sharing this learning and best practice across the whole complex.
* Ensuring, as part of the general management team, that the facility operates safely and effectively in production and commissioning stages.
* Setting the requirements into the functions and creating and delivering improvement programmes for people, process, system and facility capability
* Managing the capacity, capability and material resources within the particular build stage including the management of functional OH and CAPEX budgets
* Actively identifying the risks and opportunities within the facility, using the appropriate business processes to ensure these are effectively and appropriately addressed, leading the mitigation activities across the build area/ specific boat teams
* Performance measurement and reporting at a facility level; to ensure overall visibility of the project delivery performance against programme contracts and commitments
* Supporting effective communications and staff engagement, to foster a culture of openness, feedback, two-way dialogue and honesty to ensure people are aware and engaged in their contribution towards the delivery of the stage and overall programme
* Support in pro-actively developing and managing resource capability within the Facility, and in support of build delivery, to ensure the right skills, knowledge and behaviours are harnessed across the stage and wider Programme and that people are empowered and supported to continuously improve the processes and ways of working
* Arbitrate resource clashes between boats to ensure optimised resource balancing within capacity limits and act as the facility's interface with functional capability management
* Managing key stakeholder relationships to ensure that within the facility, those who need to be informed, updated or engaged are consulted and/or involved at the appropriate point; particularly taking the lead on the trade union partnership within the facility
You will have:
* Prior senior leadership experience gained in a large complex production, outfit and commissioning facility
* Experience of operating in an environment where compliance is key
* Passion and drive to make continuous improvements
* Lean knowledge and significant experience of its application and realising the operational and business benefits
* Excellent communication skills to convey clear messages and an ability to adapt your style to suit all audiences
Our client is a world leading global defence, aerospace and security supplier company employing over 80 000 worldwide. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.