A Technical Support Engineer is required for a robotics welding company. The role offers a strong base salary of up to £42K with negotiation for the right person, along with a company vehicle, pension, holidays and other benefits.
A global OEM of welding equipment, they operate not only in Europe, but also in North & South America, Middle East and Asia too. UK based operation has a setup of 41 staff including 8 service engineers, technical support and after care engineers, and a welding service manager to head up the day to day operation. Very strong operation, low turnover of staff and have a family run business approach with all staff from the ground up.
The robotics technical support engineer will be responsible for -
* Providing robotic welding application advice for customers / internal sales team over the phone and on site
* Welding equipment / technical software commissioning / system integration
* Carrying out robotic test welds / samples for customers, documenting the results on company intranet
* On site troubleshooting and repair
* Installing and commissioning data monitoring systems
* Operating and programming robot welding cells - Fanuc / ABB (in house)
* Robotic welding interface / maintenance training for customers / internal sales / service team
* Providing support for the introduction of products / systems / processes onto the market
* Providing e-mail and telephone support for welding queries / problems
* Providing support for complex robotic system configurations
* Production start-up, commissioning, and testing
* Mechanised welding using system controllers (standard components)
Working hours are 37.5 per week Mon to Fri, with flexibility towards start and finishing times depending on the job in hand for that day. The role would be 50 / 50 split of field based site work, and head office based in the workshop which is in Milton Keynes, however there could be some flexibility around the commute to Milton Keynes if the right engineer was located elsewhere in the UK.
The suitable candidate
The ideal technical support engineer will have the following demonstrable skills
Certificates or qualifications within electrical engineering or equivalent
A strong background within robotics programming, commissioning and servicing|
PLC Programming experience
Both mechanical and electrical skills, fault finding and repairs as necessary
Be able to provide user demonstrations to customers on site
A professional approach with customers on site, with the ability to communicate at all levels
A full clean drivers license
Package on offer
Excellent salary of up to £42K for the right person, but could be negotiable for the right person
Company vehicle with fuel card
20 days holiday plus bank hols, with 1 day per year increase to 25 days
Death in Service package
Private company pension scheme
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.