An exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer to provide 1st/2nd line helpdesk support to external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems. Ideally from an MSP background as you will be working in a fast paced environment. The successful Support Engineer will be troubleshooting, installing, maintaining and supporting a wide range of IT systems - Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Azure, Citrix, VMware
Support Engineers Skills & Responsibilities
* Provide 1st /2nd line technical support both remotely and at client's sites; answering support queries via phone, email and Ticketing system
* Overall responsibility for the progression and effective resolution of all support cases received in accordance with customer SLA requirements.
* Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems.
* Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
* Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
* On-Site support at client's site when issues cannot be resolved remotely so a full UK driving licence is required.
* Experience of Microsoft based operating systems and Office 365
* Fundamental understanding of LAN, WAN, VPN technologies
* Security technologies, including firewalls, content filtering, anti-virus (SonicWall, Draytek,etc)
* Use of remote support tools, RDP, RMM
With outstanding customer services skills and previous Helpdesk (telephone support) experience, you will have the ability to multitask and prioritise calls / issues using own initiative. An MCP, MCSA or MCTIP or a CCNA desirable.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.