You will be Responsible for helping define long-range strategies consistent with business and corporate goals and objectives. These include, but are not limited to market, product and technology. To understand, articulate, and capture market trends opportunities and then translate them into requirements for new product development. The ability to understand customer business needs, routes to market and how best to leverage those channels and opportunities. To create business plans and documentation to launch plans for future products and maximise profitability of products, and be responsible for delivering profitability in line with strategic and operational targets.
Manage the product life cycle and recommendations for product deletions. Help to define product pricing strategies, ensuring future costs and pricing meet market and internal margin demands. Responsible for the accuracy/validity of cost models, and sets costs targets of products and projects.
Look for continuous reductions in product costs taking into account relevant manufacturing and other overhead costs.
Monitor to ensure all products and projects continue to meet the set objectives, taking correction actions as required.
Ensure all products comply with relevant standards/legislation in all markets and be aware of changes that may impact the product portfolio.
Be aware of taxes in all markets be aware of changes in legislation that may impact the product portfolio.
Work with marketing to develop marketing and communication strategies and documentation
including data sheets.
* 10 - 15 years min of RF Microwave engineering experience at IMA, MFA or sub-systems
* Radar system knowledge required to include Mono Pulse and eScan (AESA) and associated applications/platforms
o Conversant of aperture Vs range and application
o Strong understanding of band selection for range and application
o Conversant with eScan (AESA) types of platforms and applications i.e. Multi Function
Radar, Tactical Radar used for Tactical Data Links, SAR, ISAR, FCR and so on Missile system knowledge required to include Seeker, Fuze and Data Links
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being
performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties
required; other duties may be assigned.
* Analyse potential partner and distribution relationships for the product line
* Contribute to the development of training tools for the Sales Team
* Work with the wider team in the development of new products
* HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering or Electronics
* Experience in product line management
* Experience in all product planning and project management activities including generation
planning and pricing analysis
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to travel 25% of the time.
* Product experience with a particular sensitivity to scheduling
* Financial and Commercial awareness with understanding of cost structures and basic knowledge of cost accounting principals
* Good written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Strong organisation skills; ability to manage diverse projects with different deadlines and priorities
* Strong intellect and awareness of the business environment
* Exhibit a sense of urgency and independent initiative toward accomplishing objectives
* Possess strong analytical and technical skill base
* Strong leadership skills and ability to lead and work within cross-functional teams
* Ability to work with and provide insight to management team
* Knowledge of electronics advantageous
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.