A World Class manufacturing company based in the Bedfordshire area near Milton Keynes, are seeking an experienced Hydraulics Technician to join the team. The role offers up to £33K basic salary, working days Mon to Fri, 25 days holiday and annual bonuses, as well as other benefits of working for such a well established global manufacturing business.
The company are a global distributor of a range of machinery and equipment, supplied to a wide range of industries including construction, commercial and industrial. Boasting a huge site with state of the art facilities and a well established team of production staff, engineers, quality, design, automation engineers and other key figures in the business.
Purpose of the Role
To support the hydraulics team in the development of new hydraulic systems for either existing or brand new products introduced to the business
Duties Include -
* Bench Hand mechanical assembly of hydraulic pumps and cylinders
* Modification of parts as necessary to ensure a full and complete fit, stripping down and rebuilding as necessary
* Electrical assembly of hydraulic circuits hydraulic hose assemblies and wire switches
* Inspection, testing and commissioning of completed hydraulics
* Using all types of hand tools, air tools, electrical testing instruments, and overhead cranes
* Perform endurance tests using test rigs on systems to monitor performance, efficiency, and reliability
* Recording of any modifications to hydraulic schematics, as well as preparing test reports electronically
* Running fault finding diagnostics scans via a laptop
The suitable candidate will have the following demonstrable skills -
* NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Mechanical engineering, ideally apprentice trained
* Strong knowledge of hydraulics, repairing, stripping, assembling and testing
* Have an understanding of diagnostics checks and quality inspection of completed assemblies
* Ability to follow drawings, blueprints and assist with modifications to drawings as necessary
Working hours are 40hrs per week Monday to Friday
Package on offer
Basic salary of £33K per annum
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Opt into a pension scheme with up to 4% matched contributions
Profit related bonus paid annually
Death in Service insurance cover
Opt in Healthcare package with option to add immediate family
Full job shadowing, and career developing training is also on offer from a business that is always looking to invest heavily into their staff.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.