Senior Project Manager (Automotive)
Leading Automotive Mechanical Component manufacturer with a market leading presence are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager.
The functions of the job holder will include but not limited to:
* Lead programme requirements for REACH and Vehicle End of Life (ELV) regulations
* Assist in Design and Test functions as required, supporting development of DFMEA / PFMEA / DVPR
* Report on project status to Programmes Manager.
* Monitor progress of projects with a "hands on" approach to ensure successful delivery of all aspects of projects, including an acceptable level of cost.
* Create effective identification of key items that threaten customer satisfaction / success of the project
* Develop and facilitate the use of a "quick response" system, ensuring severe issues gain immediate attention of the relevant level of management, with time enough for business to react.
* Manage out key issues arising from the Cross Functional Team, by working closely between leaders.
* Facilitate the team in the production of timing plans for running projects.
* Ensure adherence to the company APQP system, supporting Quality Manager with documented evidence required to achieve successful PSW
* Supports customer meetings and presentations at a programme level as required.
* Ensure that monthly program status reports are available at month end to cover tracking of open issues, finance and ED&T
* Assist in the definition and maintenance of policies, procedures, processes and documents as required to meet customer and external quality standards.
* Manages suppliers of equipment and tooling for adherence to timing, specification, production approval and costs, supporting Purchasing team in sourcing decisions
* Supports design team in prototype development and production to ensure design, manufacturing and program objectives are achieved
The Successful Candidate
To be successful in an application you will need to be able to demonstrate that you possess the following skills, attributes and experiences:
* Minimum HND in an Engineering / Project related discipline
* Prince 2 or Microsoft Project professional qualifications
* Minimum of 5 years related experience in automotive Project management and New product introduction
* Detailed knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover, Ford, Daimler programme management systems preferred
* Detailed knowledge of PPAP and new model launch (NPI) control systems
* APQP knowledge an advantage
* In depth working knowledge of Microsoft Project
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 / TS16949 quality management system requirements
* Experience in one or more of the following areas; Powertrain Cooling Systems, Plastics, Metal Forming and Fabrication, Assembly, Lean Production Systems
* Excellent technical communicator, organised, able to guide and motivate a team of indirectly managed, mixed discipline CFT. Understanding of basic mechanical design, APQP, business principles and program management.
* Experience of full service supply - DFMEA / PFMEA / PPAP
* Knowledge of customer processes and cost presentation / analysis systems
* Occasional European and International travel.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.